Application Deployment Engineer
|Title:||Application Deployment Engineer|
DescriptionApplications Deployment Engineer – St. Paul, MN
Our client is looking for an Applications Deployment Engineer to join their technology team in their St. Paul location.
The Applications Deployment Engineer is responsible for performing all engineering functions related to deploying, tuning and troubleshooting web application code in the development, testing, staging and production of web hosting infrastructures and environments.
The ideal candidate is an experienced technologist, an independent self-starter, and a critical thinker. Candidates should be able to prioritize and meet demanding deadlines, should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and should have experience in developing technology applications in a highly complex environment.
- Deploy .NET applications or similar (compiled pages/DLLs and execution of SQL scripts against a relational database system) to various web-based environments (staging, client acceptance, testing, production, etc.)
- Perform high level testing of such deployments to ensure proper function on all servers in multiple web farms.
- Consult with staff in development, quality assurance (QA) and/or project management on various subjects related to deployments.
- Support setup and configuration of web-based analytics software
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with deployments or investigate the reports of bugs in deployments as needed.
- Perform post-mortem reviews of own work, analyze success rates and deliver reports to management as needed.
- Recommend and make ongoing enhancements to the overall deployment process.
- In conjunction with other technical operations team members, install, configure and test new hardware and software for use in the various environments.
- Attend and contribute to technical operations team meetings and planning sessions.
- Record all client project time and/or absentee time and sign for attendance into the time system on a weekly basis.
- Complete other administrative tasks (such as travel expense forms) in a timely manner.
- Perform responsibilities in professional manner, meeting Company mission and goals.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience and/or training required in this field or related environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), MSBuild, Continuous Integration, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, ASP.NET, C#, Windows Server Administration. In addition, the candidate must possess strong capabilities with respect to server monitoring, application performance tuning, trouble shooting, problem diagnosis, and resolution. Oracle and MS SQL Server a plus.
- MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Health care industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Current or former Minnesota resident preferred.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications